- New offshore wind project will be the biggest in the U.S. November 27, 2019
This project off Virginia Beach could have 2,600 megawatts of wind energy by 2026.
- New Jersey Gets Offshore Wind Working Group November 25, 2019
The working group will include commercial and recreational fishing representatives, maritime industry, conservation organizations and fisheries councils.
- NJ Boosting Offshore-Wind Target to 7.5 GW by 2035 November 19, 2019
Governor Phil Murphy signed Executive Order No. 92, which raises New Jersey’s offshore wind goal to 7,500 MW by 2035.
- New England offshore companies submit uniform layout proposal to Coast Guard November 19, 2019
Equinor, Mayflower Wind, Ørsted/Eversource and Vineyard Wind, the five offshore wind leaseholders for New England, announced a submitted uniform turbine layout proposal to the U.S. Coast Guard with 1 nautical mile (nm) spacing between wind turbines.
- Mayflower Wind Officials Excited to Move Forward With Project November 11, 2019
Mayflower Wind officials move forward with proposed clean energy project. The wind farm planned for 20 miles south of the Nantucket would generate enough electricity to power about a half million homes.
- EDP Renewables secures over 1.5 GW of its future global installed capacity in two weeks November 7, 2019
Among the global installed capacity contracted, EDP Renewables secured a contract to develop 804 MW of offshore wind power in the United States.
- Department of Energy Announces $80 Million For New Grid Modernization Lab Call Projects November 6, 2019
The U.S. Department of Energy announced the 2019 Grid Modernization Lab Call with funding of $80 million over three years. This aims to strengthen and improve the resilience of energy infrastructure to ensure the access to reliable and secure sources of energy.
- Testing to Begin on Haliade-X 12MW Wind Blade November 5, 2019
GE Renewable Energy and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center have begun a series of fatigue tests on the 107-meter blade in Boston. This blade is to be integrated into the most powerful offshore wind turbine in the industry, the GE Haliade-X 12MW machine.
- 25 MW Floating Offshore Wind Development Coming Online November 4, 2019
The Windplus consortium, owned by EDP Renováveis, ENGIE, Repsol and Principle Power Inc., will be installing the largest floating wind turbine in the world. The project will involve three machines with a total capacity of 25 MW. The development is located off the coast of Viana do Castello, Portugal, and will come online at the end of 2019.
- 2020 IPF Call for Workshops deadline is November 1 November 1, 2019
The Business Network for Offshore Wind’s International Partnering Forum (IPF) workshop is scheduled from April 21-24, 2020 in Providence, Rhode Island.
- MA Maritime Academy Launches Offshore Wind Training Facility October 28, 2019
The training facility will provide training, education and certification to thousands of residents to enable them to participate in offshore wind industry.
- New Jersey Proposes Offshore Wind Technical Assistance Program October 28, 2019
This initiative will support local companies in developing skills needed to participate in New Jersey’s offshore wind industry.
- NYSERDA finalized contracts for its first two offshore wind projects October 23, 2019
New York’s first procurement garnered the most competitive market response to date. New York State’s procurement mechanism for Offshore Wind Renewable Energy Certificates (ORECs) is attractive to private developers.
- DOE Awards $28 Million for Wind Energy Research, Development, and Demonstration Projects October 22, 2019
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) announced the selection of 13 projects that will receive $28 million to advance wind energy nationwide. Significant opportunities for cost reductions remain in the areas of offshore wind, distributed wind and tall wind.
- Vineyard Wind Announces Partnership with Marmon Utility LLC (Kerite) to Create the First Tier 1 Offshore Wind Supplier in the United States October 21, 2019
Vineyard Wind announced a partnership with Marmon Utility to bring economic opportunity and jobs to Connecticut.
- Vineyard Wind Proposes Connecticut Offshore Wind Farm October 16, 2019
The project, Park City Wind, would develop up to 1,200 MW of wind energy, enough electricity to power 600,000 homes in Connecticut.
- Dominion Energy receives key approvals for Coastal Virginia Offshore Wind project October 14, 2019
A significant milestone as Dominion Energy continues forward on building the first-ever fully permitted offshore wind project in federal waters.
- Prospective Applicants Webinar: Offshore Wind Port Infrastructure Request for Qualifications (RFQL) October 11, 2019
The webinar will provide prospective applicants with the opportunity to understand any aspect of this RFQL.
- Vestas Announces Five U.S. Wind Agreements October 1, 2019
Vestas has announced five U.S. wind power agreements.
- Connecticut Offshore Wind Bids Roll In October 1, 2019
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC), in partnership with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) and the Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (RIDEM), invites proposals for development and execution of pilot studies for regional fisheries research and monitoring for Southern New England in relation to the Massachusetts and Rhode Island/Massachusetts wind energy areas. Proposals are due October 17, 2019.